Mixed Signups are LIVE Tonight!
Today is the day! Mixed signups go LIVE tonight at 7pm! Hope everyone is excited for the season, assuming we'll get to play!
For those new to the league, here is the relevant information you will need to know:
- The league plays on Mondays and Wednesdays, from ~6:15 to dusk (~8:20), starting on May 25th and ending on August 5th. The end of season tournament will be on Saturday August 8th, and will last all day. Games will be played at the Cole Street fields in Seekonk and the Lincoln School fields in Rehoboth.
- Cost is $90 to play. Cost includes 22 games + tournament, jersey, disc, and pizza & watermelon at the finals. If you are a woman brand new to RIPUL, you only have to pay $50. If you recruit a new woman to the league, you will get $20 off (there is a place to note this on the application; please pay the full $90 when you sign up, and we will issue refunds later for recruits). WHEN YOU PAYPAL, PLEASE send it as "Friends/Family", to avoid paying the fee. If we do have to cancel games due to COVID-19, the games will not be made up on alternate days. We will issue refunds to folks depending on the number of games missed (amount per game TBD).
- RIPUL is open to players of all skill levels! Beginners, elite level players, and anyone in between! RIPUL prides itself on being a fun league where people of all ages and skill levels can learn and play together, and have a blast playing ultimate all summer!
A few things to note:
- The gender ratio for RIPUL Mixed 2020 will be 4/3 ONLY! There will be no 5/2, 3/4, etc. We have been pushing this for a few years now, and hoping that it will be a success this year!
- Be sure to create your account on the RIPUL site ahead of time! We've heard that people may have issues logging in, so be sure to try different browsers when doing so; that typically solves the problem.
- We will NOT be sending out another email tonight when the site is open to register. This Announce platform does not send immediate emails, so by the time you could potentially receive the email, signups will have already been underway. We WILL post on Facebook when they are live, since people can see that right away. Just be ready to go at 7PM tonight! The RIPUL homepage will have a link to click when registration is open.
- For payment, we are only accepting Paypal; no Venmo, no checks, no cash, etc. Be sure to create an account beforehand. When paying, please pay with 'Friends/Family' and be sure to COPY AND PASTE your RIPUL ID / email into the note section. Since some people's Paypal and ID emails may not match, or people may pay for other players, we want to make sure the payment matches the RIPUL ID and we mark off the correct players as paid and accepted.
- Once you sign both agreements, fill out the application, and pay, you will get an automated email that you have been accepted. Be sure to check your spam filter; it is an automated email, so it could get caught in there. You should get a reply somewhat quickly, so be on the lookout for that. PLEASE do not message/email/text/etc me asking if you are accepted; just be patient and wait for the email.
That should be it! Be at your computers for 7pm tonight and be ready! Spots went incredibly quickly last year, and we expect the same again this year (for both genders). Once the league fills, we will leave people on the wait list, in case anyone drops out before the draft. We will also have Open League signups starting in the next couple weeks also; waitlisted players are encouraged to sign up for that as well.
Good luck everyone! Hope to see you on the fields!